Tuesday, October 17, 2006

From my recipes for busy mum's.....

Homemade Meatballs with Spagetti
For the meatballs:
1 500g pack beef mince
2 cloves garlic minced
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 egg
Fresh herb of your choice (basil, oregano and parsley all work)
Sauce:
I jar store sauce
1 tin chopped tomatos in juice

I whiz the onion, garlic and herbs in my mixer until finely minced. (usually a handful of herb) then add this to the mince and mix until well combined. I then add the egg, salt, pepper and a squirt of worcestershire sauce. Now you need to get your hands dirty. I roll the mixture into small meatballs that fit into the palm of my hand. Place them on a plate until ready to cook.
Put them in an oiled baking tray in a hot over for about 30 mins until they are browned. Turn them halfway.

For the sauce I cheat and use a bottle sauce and a tin of tomatos, heat together, season and add the browned meatballs. Now reduce the sauce with the meatballs in it until the texture pleases you! (like spagbol some people like their sauce wet and some like it really thick!). Boil up some spagetti and spoon a few meatballs and the sauce over the top. Grate fresh parmesan and eat!

No comments: