Saturday, November 08, 2008

Seven days in and I stuffed up. And I don't even have a decent excuse. Yesterday was a bad day, Amy is not showing any visible symptoms of her cold/virus from earlier in the week but is acting like a small child possessed. We are battling each other on every little thing, every task, meal, snack, nap, nappy change. Everything is a fight in the White house this week and I am tired. Yesterday I was supposed to post about pregnancy cravings after something Veronica wrote about last week. I had my photos ready to go and my post drafted in my mind. Then I decided to pop out with Amy to meet a friend at a local superstore to browse the craft shop. I forgot the pram so Amy had to walk and it went downhill from there. Back home a few hours later, exhausted, worn out and emotional we battled for 45 minutes to get her down for a sleep she and I desperately needed and then she woke up after 50 minutes.

So, I will post that pregnancy craving draft later, right now I am trying to tune out the howls of a two year old who is so tired she can hardly walk in a straight line, but determined to bend her parents to her will. Phew, can anyone remind me why we wanted to do this all over again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the same reason we wanted to?

At the moment, I am checking emails while Amy alternately squeals and whines in her bedroom, wanting to come out. It's 7.45pm and bedtime was 45 minutes ago. Sigh.