Friday, November 14, 2008

Yes, I look slightly disturbed in this photo. Its a combination of humidity (frizzy pregnancy hair) and the fact that I am almost at the end of making 2kg's of chicken schnitzel from scratch. One of these days I am going to have to price this out to see if it really is cost effective to make my own. Ron does say he much prefers the flavour of my homemade version and of course I make small portions that I bag and freeze for suppers for Amy, its just that its such a process. Trim chicken and cut into portions, place on wooden chopping board, cover in clingfilm, beat the crap out of them with a rolling pin, then flour with seasoned wholemeal flour before dipping into egg wash and coating in Kellogs crumbs.

They are mighty delicious served with a caesar salad though!

3 comments:

The Jackson Files said...

I think you look cute. And yum to homemade chicken schnitzels. I can't wait until I have a kitchen again.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I didn't know you had a food blog ... I just bought some cornflake crumbs to try on my chicken schnitzel... it is cheaper and you know what you are getting too.
I think I know what I want for dinner tonight.

Jeanne said...

Hey - you were doing NaBloPoMo and I didn't even know! If you ever succumb again, you should join the South African NaBloPoMo-ers group as that's how I hope to find fellow-Saffers suffering in solidarity...!

You are braver woman than me to make so many chicken schnitzels. And I wouldn't say you look disturbed - maybe just a little... surprised ;-)