Monday, March 28, 2011

A great big internet hug!



If you have found your way here, to my (Super Sarah from thesuperwhites.com) humble food blog then you are a friend of the gorgeous Tiff and that means you care about her lovely family and want to help out while Ivy has to endure another stay in the hospital, another wait for treatment while the Dr's try to find a new plan. This means that the rest of the family has to make do without Mum for a few days, Dave has to hold down the fort while Tiff is torn between taking care of Ivy and being at home with the rest of her children.

Trish from My Little Drummer Boys wanted to try and arrange a little something for Tiff and her family and I absolutely want to get involved, ideally we would love to get a bunch of people together to cook some big meals for the family to help them out while Ivy is in hospital. This is just too complicated to arrange at short notice so instead Trish has put together a donation widget to collect some money to buy the family a few meals so when they all come together to visit Ivy in hospital, they can enjoy a meal and spend some valuable time as a family.

We thought we would use my much neglected food blog as a place to plan this little suprise for Tiff because right now the last thing she will be thinking about is recipes or cooking! This is going to be a tough week for her and we are hoping that by Friday we can pass on a little something to cheer her up and show her that she is much loved by her internet family!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant idea!!!

Denyse Whelan said...

DONE...lovelies Sarah & Trish.
Feel helpless but a little better now.Top idea.
Great big hug back !!

frogpondsrock said...

good idea

ruddygood said...

Done. Beautiful idea. Hugs all round. xxx

Being Me said...

You darling girls. Helping out our darling girls! and their family.
What a shame we can't organise a cook-off, there is nothing like receiving a lovingly prepared meal... you sure there's no way? (not to put pressure on anyone! I would if it was feasible, and I realise that's what people who live near them must have weighed up and considered... money is easier, it's true)
Will donate today. xxxx How are you spreading the word? Do you need help doing that? Email me if you prefer!

Tina ~ tina gray dot me said...

lovely idea! xx

River said...

Paypal and me do not get on, but I want to help Tiff, so I'll donate another way, if I can.

katepickle said...

wonderful idea - always happy to help.

Does anyone know if Coles online delivers in their area? Wondering if someone with Coles contacts from AMB site might be able to arrange a gift voucher (not sure if you can routinely buy gift vouchers?) so they can have groceries delivered?

Thanks Trish and Sarah for setting this up.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Great idea maybe Brenda can help.
They don't deliver to her suburb I just checked - but they might do to some where nearby.

SassyCupcakes said...

Done. Thanks for doing this.

sevencherubs said...

love this xx

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

A big thank you to Veronica from Sleepless Nights for helping me get the image button.

Sarah (Maya_Abeille) said...

This is a great idea - thank you so much for organising it. I live very near the hospital (about an hour's drive from Tiff's place) - not sure if it will help but I'm happy to be a drop-off point for groceries and/or home-cooked meals that she could collect on her way home. Would have to avoid anything that would melt, etc, I suppose.

Watershedd said...

Lovely idea. Thanks for acting as the contact point.

Liz said...

Great idea - I had been thinking along the same lines, but not being as close to Tiff didn't know what they needed.

Thank you for organising.

Lucy Taylor said...

Sarah, although I don't 'know' Tiff or her family I have been following her blog via yours for some time as I love her stunning photography work and I find her story incredible. She and her family show such strength and strong will and I cannot imagine how they must be feeling right now given this latest blow. I have made a donation to their cause and send lots of best wishes to them all. xxx

Fiona said...

Hey, will be in Newcastle over easter if they're still in and you need another pair of hands. phonakins@gmail.com 0421027042

Being Me said...

Finally got back here to donate. Have rounded it up to an even figure :)