Sunday, April 20, 2008

So, I am going to post recipes and food related stuff over here to make it easier for me to keep a record of my meal plans and successful recipes.

Last week I posted about the Banana Bread that I found over at Smitten Kitchen. It was such a successful recipe that I will be making it again at my earliest convenience, its just a bugger that I have to wait for the bananas to get really ripe and soft!

I am going to post the recipe that I ended up with as I made it:
Banana Bread (adapted from Deb at Smitten Kitchen's Speckled and Freckled)
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon Jack Daniels
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Pinch of ground cloves
1 1/2 cup of self-raising flour

Preheat the oven to 170 C (my oven is fan assist, if yours isn't go for 180 C).
Mix the butter and well mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
Mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla and JD.
Add the spices and salt and mix well.
Add the flour last, folding in.
Pour mixture into a greased, lined loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour.
This makes a dense but moist bread that tastes even better the next day, toasted with butter.

No comments: