Sunday, April 20, 2008

I have been tagged over at my other blog by Guera of a roaming aussie kitchen and this is a more than good enough excuse to resurrect my long neglected food blog. I won't be tagging anyone because my little old food blog is so ancient no one will remember it yet!

I hope to start posting more recipe ideas and successes on this blog along with my weekly meal plans in my ongoing quest for cheaper, quicker and healthier food options for us and for Amy.


1. What food do you consider the best “date” food? In other words, what meal or food item do you think is sexiest to eat in the company of someone you would like to look sexy around?

Apparently my husband thinks I am sexy even when I am scoffing a homemade burger with sauce running down my chin so I don't often think about what I am eating in terms of how sexy it makes me look. I used to be one of those silly teenagers that worried about eating in front of boys but luckily I soon realised that being comfortable around boys made them feel more comfortable around me so I stopped worrying. When I think "date food" I always think of chocolate mousse because thats what Ron and I shared on our first proper date. He had the calzone and I had pasta with a salmon sauce and we shared a delicious chocolate mousse for dessert. Its always held a special place in my culinary heart!

2. What well-known person would you like to share a meal with—with or without clothing. (saying whether or not clothes are involved is optional).
Without clothing it would have to be Gy.ton Gran.tley with whom I have an unhealthy fascination at the moment thanks to Under.belly, a brilliant program on tv currently about the gang.land murders that took place in Mel.bourne. I don't know what it is about fat Carl that has grown on me so much since first seeing him in H0me and Away!

With clothes I was lucky enough to sit down for dinner with Nel.son Mand.ela himself. He presented an award to a group of us at school and we ate with him at a small dinner after the ceremony. This was before he became President but it was an honour and a privilege to meet him.

3. What does your perfect breakfast-in-bed look like? (Food AND the details, please. Candles? Music? Flowers? Hot tub? Dancing girls?
The concept of breakfast-in-bed has changed dramatically since having Amy. Before Amy I might have opted for champagne, smoked salmon bagels and the papers but after Amy my idea of the perfect breakfast would be a lie-in followed by a cup of fresh coffee and croissants with peanut butter, served to me by my husband but consumed privately with the radio on and a good book, utter luxury.

4. What do you consider the best application of whipped cream to be?
Squirting it straight from the can into my mouth! (and on chocolate mousse, obviously!)

5. Oh-God-No, Biff, the yacht is sinking! You are sent to the galley to retrieve the food. What luxury food items do you snatch first? The champagne? The caviar? Smoked Salmon? Truffles? Chocolate? Or something else?
This is an impossible question to answer. If I go for the literal translation and I really am on a sinking yacht then I would have to grab the hamper of cheeses, cold meats, quince paste, grapes and selection of breads and crackers that the crew prepared earlier! If I opt for reality then my luxury food items would be chocolate covered coffee beans, chicken livers and fresh white rolls and a bottle of sweet dessert wine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing your recipes!

And, wow, you had dinner with Nelson Mandela - that must have been amazing.