Monday, November 03, 2008

On Friday night Ron and I were both hungry, but still full of meat from our birthday feast the night before. We felt like something light but full of vegies and so I threw together this little marvel. I am a big fan of cous-cous salad, I think it takes a dressing very well and bulks out something that might otherwise be a side dish. Ron likes his cous-cous hot and flavoured so hasn't been a big fan of other versions of this that I have made in the past but this one was a winner.

Roasted vegetable cous-cous salad.

Ingredients:
2 carrots
2 capsicum
2 onions
2 parsnips
or any other assorted veg left in your fridge in need of eating. Chop into slices, toss with some olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in a hot oven until caramelised and soft.

1 cup of instant cous-cous, soaked in 1 cup of hot water for a few minutes until soft

dressing: juice of a lemon, large bunch of coriander finely chopped, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander, salt and pepper to taste.

Mix all the ingredients with the cous-cous and dressing, serve and wolf it down whilst feeling virtuous for consuming such a varied selection of vegetables!

I am off to have the left overs for lunch now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I see what you mean about the roasted vegetables bulking it up.